GWRRA Chapter NC-I Recipes
Submitted by Marcie Snell
- 6 medium onions (sliced)
- 1 pint sour cream
- 1 can water chestnuts
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 can cream of chicken soup (undiluted)
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup (undiluted)
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese (grated)
- 2 cups Ritz Crackers (crushed)
Arrange sliced onions in a greased casserole dish (about 13x9 inch). Mix together all the other ingredients except the crackers. Pour mix over onions.
Bake in a preheated 350-degree oven for 30-40 minutes.
Top with cracker crumbs.
- Top the casserole with cracker crumbs either before or after baking.
- Use more or fewer onions depending on the size of the casserole dish or pan.
- Use both kinds of canned soup, or just one kind.
- Cheddar cheese may be sharp, medium, or mild.
- Use hash-brown potatoes instead of onions.