GWRRA Chapter NC-I Recipes
Aspencade Beans and Sausage
Submitted by Russ & Bev Daggett
- 1 package of hot Italian sausage (1 lb.)
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 31 oz. can of pork and beans
- 1 16 oz. can of kidney beans, rinse and drain
- 1 15 oz. can great northern beans, rinse and drain
- 1 15 oz. can black eyed peas, rinse and drain
- 1 15 oz. can pinto beans, rinse and drain
- 1 15 oz. can garbonzo beans, rinse and drain
- 1-1/2 cups of catsup
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp. ground mustard
Preheat oven to 325°.
Cut up and cook the sausage. Add peppers and onion mix the rest of ingredients and bake in 13x9 in. casserole dish at 325 covered for 1 hr.
Uncover and bake 30 more minutes.
* I like them better with 2 cans of butter beans in there, or try black beans. If you like them thick, use 1 can of refried beans.